I have to talk in church on Sunday. The topic is "Living in Thanksgiving Daily." I admit, I've been having a hard time feeling grateful the last couple of days. It doesn't make for a good state of mind to develop a talk about gratitude. But then today a friend brought me a piece of peanut butter fudge from the BYU Bookstore. It was medicine to help me feel better. And, it worked. I think it worked not so much because of the tasty chocolate and peanut butter, but it because of what the gesture meant-- that someone was thinking about me and cared enough to do something nice.
One of the things I am talking about on Sunday is "opening our arms" to reach and help others in need and expressing thanks. Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin stated, "every time we cheer another's heart, every time we ease another's burden, every time we lift a weary hand, we show our gratitude to that God to whom we owe all that we have and all that we are."
Tonight I made a list of all the people in my neighborhood who have been so good to me in the last seven years. I have really been blessed. I need to do more to "open my arms."
No comments:
Post a Comment