Monday, November 16, 2009

BYU Devotional

A couple of weeks ago I received a call from the BYU vice-president's office. Being contacted by the VPs office always initiates lots of questions in my mind-- mainly, "what could this possibly mean." After playing phone tag, we finally connected and he asked me to speak at devotional next semester. As my dad said, "You?!?" Yes, me.

After worrying for a few days and developing cold sores due to the stress, I told myself that I wasn't going to worry about it until the official letter arrived in the mail. It arrived last Friday. And today my name appears in the university's devotional calendar along with some other very distinguished guests. So I guess it is official. I've started to identify a topic and outline a talk. It will probably take me two months to get ready. And yes, Jill, if you come to listen you can sit on the playing floor in the cushy seats.


Life is Good.

6 comments:

runningfan said...

I can't wait! This is why I subscribe to the expensive cable package that includes BYU TV!

jill.thackeray said...

I WILL SOOOO BE THERE! I can't even explain to you how many times I have wanted to sit down in the front! :) hooray!

Jess said...

Oo, Oo! I'm excited too!

calauramom said...

Careful what you wish for girls -- you know they get the "prayer people" from those students who are relatives of the speaker sitting in the kooshy seats, right? :)

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

That's the week of my birthday! What a great birthday present for me to get to hear you! I can't wait. You will do a fantastic job!!!!

Unknown said...

I plan on watching. You will be great.