I had to (yes, "had to," not "got to") go to a presentation today where I learned that you should write down three things everyday you are grateful for. Today it is easier to write things that I am not particularly grateful for.
1) A student who emailed me accusing me of never responding to her emails; that I should have responded to validate her; that I should have checked her assignment earlier (before I started grading it) to let her know that it was not complete. Note: I did respond to her emails and since when is a professor supposed to check and assignment before it is graded to make sure it was done right and let the student know the deficiencies?
2) Being called to jury duty on Monday. I don't have time for this. I have a paper deadline on Monday plus final exams and projects to grade before grades are due on Wednesday at noon. I've never been this behind. This is my first time to ever be called to jury duty.
3) An iPod that crashed so I had to "restore" it and lost all my talks that I had downloaded and stored. Now I have random iTunes stuff on there that I don't want and can't figure out how to get rid of it.
Maybe tomorrow will be a better day :)
2 comments:
I'd be happy to help with the iPod thingy.... anytime tomorrow afternoon call me: 801-368-7607
I was beginning to wonder if Dr. T ever had a bad day! Not that I'm happy that you do... :) Hope it turned out better than it started!
Post a Comment