Today I received an email regarding a manuscript that a graduate student and I had submitted for publication back in January. The good news was they didn't reject it (first major hurdle). The reviewers comments were pretty mild, and in fact, very helpful. We have to make some revisions and re-submit it to the editor. This is a pretty typical process in the world of publish or perish. I haven't had any article that is a "accept as is."
Whew. Another line on the vitae and one publication closer to being "full professor."
Life is Good!
2 comments:
Congratulations!
I've spent the last year and a half trying to get 2 papers published and I've yet to get either. I think I'm starting to appreciate what it really means to publish something academic. Way to go! What is the paper on and where will we be able to find it?
For me I've also learned that there is a lot more to it than just the subject matter and editing, people are a big factor too! When you do get to be a full professor maybe you will let me come to you to collaborate on something, because so far full professors and publishing have left yucky tastes in my mouth :) Nevertheless, Life IS good! 25 days till Texas!
That's so great, Rosemary!! Congratulations.
Post a Comment