So last night was the annual Christmas dinner. We eat yummy food and play Christmas BINGO. Yes, the BINGO cards have squares with Christmas symbols such as holly, snow globes, Santa's elves, etc. Everyone brings a gift from the dollar store to share as BINGO prizes. I usually give everyone a small gift at the end of the night. We always have a great time, and last night was no exception.
I love these kids. Tonight as I was washing up the dinner dishes, I was reflecting on what a great blessing this is in my life. If there is one regret I have it is that I never was able to have children of my own. But I am so grateful for career choices that led me to BYU, which has in turn allowed me to interact and associate with extended family. I am grateful for the ties that bind us together. I loved having Jill and Jessica come early to help with final food preparation (I had Relief Society-related meetings from 9-12 and then Church from 1-4). They know where everything is in my kitchen and are willing to pitch in and help. It was so comfortable and natural. And of course everyone who comes helps out in one way or another.
Life is so Good. Family is the best!
2 comments:
So much fun! You've got a great family.
You know mine are yours too, right? :) You can borrow them anytime you want them.
Post a Comment