Monday, August 2, 2010

House Renovations Days #4, #5 and #6

Day #4
This day was pretty uneventful. I started by painting the bathroom, mostly a second coat and some trim work. We made a trip to Home Depot and Sherwin Williams to buy a new toilet, baseboards, paint, etc. Friday had wiped me out, so I wasn't very productive on Saturday. My brother did get the baseboards cut and a new door trim applied. He suggested that we go to Plan B and finish this week. I am all about Plan B. I know how to live Plan B.

Day #5
The Sabbath. A day of rest. I really needed that.

Day #6
Started by painting baseboards and door trim. Painting is not going well today.

When I visited my sister I noticed she had a new bathroom mirror. She said it wasn't new, but she just put a border around it with frost. It was really cute. Since I am not buying a new vanity, which would include a new mirror, I thought I'd try copying her. Bad idea. She is so much more talented than I. After a few mis-attempts with the stencil adhesive and spray frost, I finally got the hang of it. Note to self-- next time buy one long stencil instead of one small one that you have to continually reposition. Hope it looks good once it is up on the wall.



Footings were poured on Friday. Today the walls are being poured.

2 comments:

calauramom said...

Wow....it's looking good. Those huge cement pouring machines are amazing.

Note to self if I ever consider doing cute craft projects I see at Laura's house: Hire Laura to do it rather than attempt it on my own and get frustrated. :)

runningfan said...

What is home improvement without mishap? I certainly don't know....