Monday, August 9, 2010

House Renovations Day #13

Oh what a day. I am exhausted. And I still have more to do!

This morning at approximately 8 a.m. my kitchen looked like this:


By 5:00 tonight it looks like this, including a hole in the ceiling (which you can see the in the upper left corner of this picture.

This morning I asked the contractor if I needed to clean out my kitchen cupboards that morning. I was trying to plan my day. He assured me that I didn't. Around 1:00 my brother showed up to help me finish the bathroom (yes, it's done!). A few minutes later my friend Kaylene showed up to help me drape plastic in the kitchen and the storage room which will try and contain the dust that is going to show up in the next few weeks. About the same time I notice the concrete cutting truck here. Ah... that wasn't supposed to happen until tomorrow. Whew, it won't. But the project manager suggested I clean out half my storage room where they will be cutting. I called my friend Laura to see if I could still take her up on her offer of moving boxes. She said yes and came right over. So between Kaylene, Laura and I, in record time we got the kitchen cupboards unloaded, half the storage room moved, and sheeting draped.




Fortunately my brother helped to put this paper down to protect the floor while they work.

And now my house is in complete disarray. This picture just doesn't do it justice. There is stuff in the family room, both bedrooms, the basement. And I have no idea where to find anything.


In addition, I also made a trip to both Home Depot and Lowes; sealed the grout in the bathroom; stained and varnished the bathroom threshold; and tried to water the lawn by hand.

Two of the three walls are up! Yeah.



I had planned on making Pasta with basil cream sauce for dinner. I had all the ingredients. Hum...no cooking in the kitchen now...for quite a few days.... Instead my brother and I went to Wallaby's for dinner. Second time in two weeks. Great food. If you live in Utah, try it out! Yum.

Lesson re-learned today: starting the day with prayer always makes things go better, even if it is a hectic day like today!

Life is Good!

2 comments:

runningfan said...

I thought my day was crazy. You win! :)

Jess said...

Woohoo!