Today I hit the jackpot at the thrift store. I eyed this desk and didn't let it out of my sight or touch until the store worker came and put a "sold" sign on it. She kept asking me if I wanted it, and I replied "I am deciding." I am not an impulsive buyer. She said that if I didn't want it there were others who did-- like the two young women standing next to me talking about what they would do with it (paint it a bright color) if I didn't buy it. I was just waiting for my parents to wander to this part of the store so I could get their opinion. My dad fell in love with it too (we have similar tastes and preferences).



There were a few ink marks where children had used magic markers to write on it, but some restorer stain took it right off. I'll keep working on polishing it. I also have to find a key plate for the base.
I am so excited with this find. The oak color matches so well with my kitchen and fireplace wood. I love the little drawers that open. They will be good for holding stamps, paperclips, sticky notes, and other correspondence necessities.
Life Is Good!
No comments:
Post a Comment