This weekend I attended the wedding reception of my friend's son. I met Wendi during a trip to Europe. Her husband died of pancreatic cancer about nine years ago.
When Wendi came to drop Benjamin off for his mission, I thought of how hard that would be as a single parent. I know Wendi has had hard days, and that was probably just one of them. But I also know that she has a testimony of the power of the atonement and resurrection. Wendi loves life and is so positive.
Two of Wendi's sons are getting married this summer. As I thought of Benjamin's wedding, the thought came to me that his dad was there in the temple with them. I have no doubt about that. And as I had that impression, just for a moment I had a glimpse of the shortness of this mortal experience. Yes, as a young widow Wendi had years ahead of her as she raised five children. But in perspective, this life experience, her experience, is so short. Wendi will have eternity with her husband.
I think I can make it. I can do it. As Elder Wirthlin said, "Come what may, and love it." Eternity is worth it.
Life is Good.

No comments:
Post a Comment