Saturday, March 20, 2010

Seeking Input for WC Talk

I'm working on my talk for Women's Conference and need input. Here is my topic. What would you want to hear if you came? Or what do you think I should include in my talk?

Women are especially prone to comparing and competing with each other. How can we accept ourselves as unique and recognize our individual worth? What can help us to recognize our own strengths and rejoice in the strengths of others without becoming envious or discouraged? In what ways can we raise young women to be confident in who they are?

Life Is Good!

1 comment:

Lynnie said...

hope this input isn't too late:
i think this is an awesome topic. as female members of the church we put so much pressure on ourselves to be perfect. as I look at my life I thought of a few things that helped me gain confidence:
1.serving a mission- it brings you to the depths of humility then as you grow it lifts you up when you overcome all the trials
2.gaining an education helped me prove to myself that I cold accomplish something. Just being an educated women gives one confidence!
3.knowing why we are here and that God loves each of us- basically building a testimony
4. Patriarchal blessing has helped point out some strengths
5.finding joy in what I'm really good at and being passionate about it. then finding joy in what others are good at and appreciating their talents. Sharing skills with others and seeking help from others to build new talents has been really helpful too.

Good luck! I'm sure you will be awesome!