Thursday, March 25, 2010

JOY

In church last week we were talking about how we shouted for JOY when we knew we would have the opportunity to come to earth and get a body. Someone suggested that we should remember this and try to have JOY in every day. Another person said that JOY is a spiritual gift and you can have JOY no matter what your circumstances. I've thought a lot about JOY this week.

Sunday was a JOYful day. When we had our Valentine's dinner, Jill suggested that we have a St. Patrick's day dinner. So on Sunday we had our green dinner. All our food was green, (except the meatballs which were so yummy). And I made chocolate chip cookies. Nothing like fresh, hot, cookies from the oven. All total there were 14 of us that day (Kyle didn't make the picture). Blake and Kindra brought their newborn baby. She is so CUTE! I love having them over for dinner. It is a JOYful part of my life.




Jill and new baby Ms. E.

Yesterday I was watching an exhibition MLB baseball game between the Phillies and the Braves. Though I don't have a favorite team, I do like the Braves, since I went to a couple of games when I lived in ATL. I also like the Red Sox since Ms. L and I were able to go to game in Boston last summer. So yesterday I was imagining in my mind that I was in Florida, basking in the sunshine, watching the Phillies and the Braves baseball game. A JOYful moment. Today I smelled someone cooking hot dogs on an outdoor grill. It reminded me of baseball games again. I hope to be able to go to at least one MLB game this summer. More details to come.


So life is good. I am trying to find JOY in every day, even if it is the little things.

2 comments:

runningfan said...

My goal for the year is to find JOY every day. It has been a worthwhile endeavor!

Julie Wilding said...

I didn't even know you had a blog! Thanks so much for the kind comment...I look up to you so much!