Sunday, March 14, 2010

Random Thoughts

Nothing exciting in my life to blog about, so here are some random thoughts.

1- I finished reading "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. I loved this book. It is going on my list of all-time favorites. It is about a young girl who gets put on a ship by herself and ends up in Australia. The dock master takes her in and raises her as his own. At age 21 he tells her the truth. The story goes between the early 1900, 1975 and 2005 as the main character tries to discover her family history (another reason I liked it-- the family history link).

2- Had lunch with my sister this week. It was a much needed break. We ate bison burgers. I thought they were really tasty, and much leaner than a hamburger. I can count on one hand the number of times I have ordered a hamburger at a restaurant in the last 15 years (Burger King in England; Five Guys Burgers and Fries with Ms. C & Ms. L; Rainbow Gardens with mom). I would definitely order this again-- though it was a lot of meat and could have split one burger between the two of us.

3- I got to hold a baby during Relief Society today. The mother was teaching our lesson. Lucky me. I have a new appreciation for mothers. I thought my arm would fall off before the meeting was over. Whew. How do mothers do this? I needed an arm rest. Granted, I dared not move or shift for fear that she would wake up and see her mother teaching the lesson and that would be the end. It was a fun experience-- reminded me of the Michael McClain song about "Mary let me hold her baby...though I'd never been a mother, I felt like one."

4- Will spring ever come? I know the crocus are poking their heads through the ground, but we had snow this morning. Ugh. March 14th? Really? Fortunately it all melted by this afternoon. The weather is still too cool. I am waiting for that perfect hooky weather day.

2 comments:

runningfan said...

I'm not a burger girl, either, but I LOVE Five Guys burgers! A friend introduced me to that place over the summer. Yum.

I found tulips poking out of the ground yesterday, which made my heart happy. I'm a little sad at the thought of being stuck inside all winter here, and then moving to AZ during the summer and being stuck inside for another season!

Katelyn said...

Being a mom is definitely one of the best arm workouts you can ask for. :)