Monday, February 22, 2010

King Arthur

This weekend, Ms. L and I went to a King Arthur Flour demonstration in SLC. We visited King Arthur during our New England vacation last summer. Loved it! So of course we couldn't pass up a demo right here in our backyard. We went to the morning session on breads and the afternoon session on pastries. I even learned a few tips! Definitely a great day.

Ms. L. at King Arthur Flour in Vermont, 2009


Ms. L at King Arthur Demo in SLC, 2010

At the end of the demo they had a prize drawing. Here is the "before" picture. Ms. L and I both won a 5 pound bag of flour. Can't wait to try it and see if the product really is better. We also got a $10 gift card to use at kingarthurflour.com and a rubber bowl scraper. Not too bad for a day of fun!


The weather was COLD inside and out, but Ms. L was in flip-flops and I in my winter boots-- which by the way are the best investment I've made in awhile (hope Lynne and Becky are liking theirs too).

We ended the day with a stop at Orson Gygi. Definitely not King Arthur, but an adequate substitute.

1 comment:

csr said...

So glad you were able to attend the class. I think they are fun and one can also learn a lot. Hope you enjoy using the flour you won! Joan @KAF