
Tonight was my annual holiday dinner with my friends in SLC. Last year we went to Cucina Toscana. That was the best Italian food I've had since Italy. This year we went to Mazza Cafe on 9th and 9th. Mazza serves middle eastern cuisine and has won the SLC magazine "best middle eastern restaurant" multiple times. On the menu was a falafel sandwich so I knew I had to get it. I have been craving a falafel for 21 years-- since I returned from Jerusalem. As soon as I took a bite of the falafel I was transported back in time. The flavor and the spices were just perfect. YUM!!! The owner also gave us a sampler of appetizers, on the house. My favorite was the grape leaves and the humus with pita.
It was great to see Becky and Rhonda. Lynne was sick so couldn't make it. They are the kind of friends that though months go by without seeing each other you can pick up right where you left off. They are the best! It was a fun night and great way to celebrate the holidays.
Life is Good!
No comments:
Post a Comment