I love attending church the Sunday before Christmas. I always know that there will be a fabulous Christmas program and I will feel the Spirit of Christ. In fact, the year I was living in ATL I planned my schedule to be home the Sunday before Christmas and attend church in my neighborhood-- that's how good it is. Today's program did not disappoint.
We had beautiful choir music, a harp solo of O Holy Night (one of my favorite songs), and three talks about "gifts." I was reminded that the best gifts we can give are gifts of ourselves. A young woman told of her friends who do good deeds for family members during December and those get written down on paper and placed in a special box. On Christmas Eve they read of all the service that was given that month. Another speaker reminded us of the importance of serving one another and shared three scriptures, including this one from Matthew:And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
I testify that Christ lives today. Because of Him, I am filled with hope. I know that through Christ's atonement in Gethsemane and His resurrection that I have the opportunity to return to God, receive blessings beyond what I can imagine, and live eternally.
Life is So Good!
No comments:
Post a Comment