Monday, December 29, 2008

Conversations with Katie

There is nothing like a few days with a kid to remind me to not take life too seriously...Here are a few conversations I had with Katie this week.

K: "Why is your hair red?"
Me: "Why is YOUR hair red?"
K: "Because of you and Dallan." (Dallan is my brother with red hair)

K: "Why are you not married yet?"
Me: "Because I haven't found a boy who wants to marry me."
K: "Neither has my other aunt. She isn't married."
Me: "That means we get to be your favorite aunts. If we got married, we couldn't be your favorite aunts any more."
K: "You are my favorite aunt."

Holding a sleigh bell- like the one from Polar Express-- next to my ear
K: "Can you hear it? You can't hear it if you don't believe."

On Christmas morning so excited to see what Santa brought
K: "You don't have to comb your hair in the morning because I never do." (She thought she would have to wait for me to get ready before they opened presents; I didn't comb it until about 1:30 p.m.)

After I had set the table and poured water into the glasses:
K: "Why are we drinking water?"
Me: "Because it is good for you."
K: "Milk is good for you too."

Life is Good!

1 comment:

runningfan said...

Isn't it so good to find joy in the little things?