Monday, November 17, 2008

Super Brother to the Rescue

It's Monday morning. I grab my bag, lunch, and a holiday decoration for my office as I head out the door for work. I push the button to open the garage door. It makes a sound that doesn't sound too unfamiliar (like when I leave the door partially open, so when I think I'm opening it, it is actually closing). So I push it again. Same noise but the door is not opening. So I:
1- call my brother. He knows how to fix everything. No answer.
2- call my colleague. Maybe I can get a ride to work and fix the garage door later. No answer.
3- call my parents. No answer. Oh yeah, mom had to be at the doctor's office at 7:30 a.m.
4- call my sister. Not that she can do anything, but at least someone is answering their phone. She calls her husband on the other phone. No answer. What is up? Where is everyone this morning.
5- turn on computer and try to find answer for door problem.
6- send brother text message to his work and personal cell phones "Need help"
7- sister calls back. Says I can pull the red cord, but then would have to heave the door open. I am having back pain and don't want to make it worse. Plus that doesn't solve the broken door.
8- change out of my work my clothes-- put on sweats and a sweatshirt.
9- get ladder and W-D40 out. Can't see any problems. W-D40 does not help make door work.
10- brother calls me. Yeah. He said he would come to my house.
11- 45 minutes later he is here.
And of course, he knows exactly what the problem is. We go to the garage door place and buy a replacement part. This must happen often, because they had the exact part that we needed.
12- $47 and about an hour later and my garage door is working again. And it actually sounds a lot better- more quiet.
Yeah for a brother who know how to fix everything (really, everything) and always comes to my rescue. It's the next best thing to having a husband to call, or maybe even better. Not all men know how to fix things.
Life is Good.

1 comment:

Ally said...

I love it!! I absolutely love it!!