Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Halloween Memory

When I was growing up, our church always had Halloween party. We lived in a rural area and trick or treating was not an event. In fact, I never remember having trick-or-treater come to our house. As a result, everyone always went to this party. All church members, young and old, would dress up in costume. The only rule was no masks.

This one year, our family went as pumpkins. If I had a picture I would post it. I can still see it clearly in my mind. My mom made each of us pumpkin costumes out of orange crepe paper. Mom tells me that you could sew crepe paper (she learned this from her mom). Who knew?! That year, our family won the costume contest. The prize money was $10. Dad gave the $10 back to the missionary fund. That is so typical of my dad- generous as the day is long.

Life is Good

No comments: