My dream job is to travel the world visiting interesting places, eating at fabulous restaurants and then writing a critique of each place. Hum... maybe when I retire (which given the recent stock market tumbles I am going to work until I am 90). Here are three recent adventures.
A couple of weeks ago I took my friend to an Italian restaurant in Provo called "Gloria's Little Italy." The food was really good. YUM! If you go, try the gnocchi with "pink sauce." The gelato was good, but not as good as I remember in Italy.
I just returned from a work-related trip to San Diego. I found another favorite Italian restaurant called "Buon Appetito" located in the "Little Italy" section of downtown San Diego. The food there was incredible. I went back the next day for lunch. Somehow the food wasn't quite as good when I ate by myself, instead of with a group of friends. But nonetheless, it was yummy. The dessert-- gelato with a chocolate sauce in the middle was just as creamy and smooth as I remember in Italy.
Also while in San Diego I took the ferry to Coronado Island. This is where the famous Hotel Del Coronado is located. I rented a bike and rode along the golf course and marina for an hour. The temperature was perfect, the sun shinning and the sky blue. A good way to end three days of meetings. :)
1 comment:
When you land your dream job, can I stow away in your suitcase?
Post a Comment