Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Last Lecture

This week I read the book, "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. You may have heard of him or the book, as it is on the best seller list. The author recently died from pancreatic cancer.
Overall, I give this book 5 stars. If you a need a good, easy, inspirational read, this is the book.
From a professor perspective, I really liked his ideas for teaching and mentoring students (he was a professor at Carnegie Mellon). From a personal perspective, I was reminded that what really matters in life are the things that money can't buy-- family and relationships. That's what life is all about.
In Randy Pausch's actual "Last Lecture" he talked about achieving childhood dreams. It made me think about my own childhood dreams. I never dreamed of being a professor at BYU. In fact, my life hasn't turned out like I thought it would at all. But I have been blessed with opportunities and experiences beyond what I would have ever imagined. Life is Good.

1 comment:

Ally said...

Great book pick, Rosemary. I got to see his last lecture, too, and was really touched by it. How has the first few weeks of school been?