Monday, September 29, 2008

Remembering Justin...


A week from today will be the 5 year anniversary of when Justin was diagnosed with the astrocytoma brain tumor. Today he had a MRI scan. We hoped that today would be great news... that the tumor had shrunk (or disappeared). Neither has happened. I guess we are to be grateful that the tumor hasn't grown. He finished his last dose of chemo (round 2) in August. Now it is back to watchful waiting and regular MRI scans.

In some ways it has been a long five years. In other ways it seems like yesterday. I still remember how I felt that Sunday at my parents and the days that followed. Tears come to my eyes just thinking about it. I remember the moment I realized that I either had faith and believed God heard our prayers or he didn't. I have never prayed for anything so hard in my life, before or since.

I still pray for Justin every day. I love him with all my heart. And I do know that God know each of us individually. He knows our hopes, dreams, heartaches, sorrows, and joys. And whatever the future holds for Justin, I know that it is part of God's plan for his life.

1 comment:

Ally said...

I like your comment about reaching a time when you either had faith that God answered prayers or he didn't. One of the talks in GC kind of touched on that. Can't remember the name, but he talked about how we "already know" God loves us. It's as simple as that. Thanks for sharing about your nephew.