Monday, April 9, 2012

Waffles, Frites, and Diamonds

On Saturday I took my nieces to SLC to visit the new City Creek Center. This is a huge, upscale shopping mall located in downtown.

Our first stop was at Bruges Waffles and Frites. I've wanted to visit this place since I saw Belgian waffles featured on the FoodNetwork. One of the secret ingredients is the pearled sugar. It was a beautiful sunny day outside and Bruges space is "tiny" so we opted to be friendly and asked a guy on the street if we could share his table. Somehow sitting in the sunshine makes everything taste better!

The waffles were decadent. Niece #1 and mine were filled with two bars of Belgian Chocolate. Niece #2 had strawberries and cream. The only thing I would change is the cream; less would be more. They are divine without the extra sweetness.


LinkWe also tried their "frites." I am not a fry connoisseur, but my niece #1 is. These were good. I think they are double fried, which adds to their tastiness, but we won't mention the extra calories. They come with one packet of custom dipping sauce, which is more than enough. You could eat the frites without any sauce at all. It was a good balance to the SWEET waffles.

Then we headed to City Creek. It was mobbed with adults and numerous little kids who were not being attended by said parents. Mayhem. We made the best of it.

The favorite store for niece #2 was Harmons grocery store. If I lived in downtown SLC, I would shop here often! Niece #1 liked Papyrus. She wanted to go to the Disney Store, but the line was too long to wait. We also visited Lush. Unfortunately the store was a huge disappointment after shopping at the Lush stores in Seattle and Vancouver which are much larger and had a greater variety of products.

My favorite store was Tiffany and Co. I like fine things. I just don't have the pocketbook to go with my tastes. I did find me a ring at Tiffany & Co. Why not buy myself a diamond ring? I found one that is diamond and sapphire. BEAUTIFUL. I decided that if I start saving now, I can buy this for myself when I get promoted to full professor. The blue and white colors seem very appropriate :)

2 comments:

Julie Wilding said...

Do it!! I love Tiffany's...I had an aunt that used to take me there to look at things and try them on. I love it there.

Ashley said...

Love the blue and white idea!