
I am getting ready for work this morning, just finished putting on a blouse, and notice truck out front. Hum...I didn't think the workers were coming today. Maybe it isn't for my house. A few minutes later I hear a very loud pounding. I go to the kitchen and see Chris taking down the temporary door.
"Would you like me to open the door?" I ask as I peak through the opening he has made.
"Oh hi." He says. "We didn't think anyone was home."
The plumber: "I knocked a couple of times but didn't get an answer."
"Use the doorbell. I don't hear knocks"
"Sorry we scared you."
"You didn't scare me. If you hadn't been working on my house, then I would have been scared."
Why do people have a phobia of ringing door bells. I would guess than 9 out of 10 people who come to my house "knock." And usually I don't hear them. The doorbell is in plain sight. I just don't get it.
At least having the workers here means they are making incremental progress on the house. I should have told them that if nobody was home, then the alarm would have gone off and they would experience a loss of hearing. :)
1 comment:
It's hard to hear knocks at my house, too. Today I put a note on the door for someone I was expecting: "Call me if I don't answer!" The doorbell wakes up my kids, so I keep it covered with a friendly (and very tacky-looking) note to please knock.
Post a Comment