I have been trying to make some major decisions about my house. It is one of those times when it is hard to be a single person. Perhaps you may think that decision making should be easy when you are single because you are the only one whose opinion counts; you don't have to worry about the preferences of other people. Well, in a way being the sole decision maker makes decisions even harder. Sometimes you just need someone to talk to, bounce ideas off of, and process the whole situation.
So today I am grateful for my parents. I have called them several times in the last few days. Most of the time they just listen; occasionally they give their opinion. They are never too busy to talk. They never tell me to call back later when it is more convenient for them. They are genuinely interested in what is going on in my life. They are concerned that my choice will be a good one. While this may seem like a trivial thing, I am so grateful. No matter how old you get, you never outgrow the need for your mom or your dad.
Life is Good.
2 comments:
I'm glad your parents are so supportive! That's the best. Are you remodeling? Selling? Good luck!
I totally love the Wirthlin quote on your sidebar -- one of my favorites.
I so agree. You never outgrow your parents. They are now my best friends.
Post a Comment