
"Oh, how we need each other. Those of us who are old need you who are young. And, hopefully, you who are young need some of us who are old. It is a sociological fact that women need women. We need deep and satisfying and loyal friendships with each other." Marjorie Pay Hinckley
This morning I attended an early morning temple session with members of the Women's Conference Committee. It a great way to start the day. Afterwards, we held our regular weekly planning meeting. As we discussed possible session topics I was touched by the strength and spirit of these women. It was very inspiring and uplifting. A group of us met at Terra Mia for lunch. We laughed and ate good food (though the pizza at Regina's Pizzeria is still the best- hand's down). I love this assignment. I wish I could be on the committee every year. It is so refreshing to associate with incredible women. It fills my soul.
When I worked at the department of health, I had several women colleagues and we collaborated on projects. A few of them became my good friends; we still keep in touch. At the university my work is more individual (you don't team- or committee- teach classes) and I work primarily with men. As such, I have really missed the association with women.
So today I am grateful for the Lord's tender mercies that allows me the opportunity to expand my circle of friends and serve on the Women's Conference Committee.
2 comments:
What an awesome experience! I agree -- having a circle of women friends is one of God's greatest gifts in my life. And I am finding that I especially enjoy women who aren't in the same stage of life I am. I love the different perspective and added wisdom they offer!
Amen to that post.
Post a Comment