Today, I am reminded of another favorite stop on our Boston trip. We visited Sharon, Vermont. On December 27, 1805 Joseph Smith was born here to Joseph Smith Sr. and Lucy Mack Smith. Joseph Smith was the prophet who restored the gospel of Jesus Christ, translated the Book of Mormon, and organized the LDS Church.
As soon as we drove onto the property, I could sense a different spirit. Though the homestead is no longer there, and only a marker indicates the hearthstone, it is apparent this is a special place. As we spent time at the visitors center and the surrounding property I felt the Spirit so strongly. I told Ms. L that the feeling I felt there was the same feeling I have in the celestial room in the temple.
There is a granite monument on the property, 38 1/2 feet tall, one foot for each year of Joseph Smith's life.
I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I am grateful to him and my pioneer ancestors who accepted the gospel message so many years ago. My life is immensely blessed because of their choice to follow a prophet of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment