This is a shout-out to my niece Ms. K. It is her birthday this week. I tell her she is my favorite-est girl in the whole world and she tells me that I am her favorite aunt. A mutual admiration society. And besides, us red-heads have to stick together.
I still remember the day she was born. I was at the office and my dad called to tell me that my sister just gave birth to a red-headed girl. He started crying. We didn't know the gender of the baby before it was born, but had suspected a boy because the baby had some kidney problems that are more common in boy babies.
But what a joy Ms. K has been! I look forward to watching her grow up. This week I went to a lecture about women leaders. The speaker said that she found that a characteristic of women leaders is that they were avid readers as children. Ms. K is right on her way! My sister tells me that Ms. K has some of my characteristics-- something like perfectionist tendencies, stubbornness and determination. She is bound to go far!!
This is one of my favorite pictures of her-- she made herself earrings from hair elastics. She can't wait until she is old enough for pierced ears!
No comments:
Post a Comment