Monday, January 19, 2009

It's Such and Exciting Night

"It's such an exciting night" is what my niece Ms. K says on Christmas eve. Well, that is how I felt last night, though it is January!

In earlier posts Where's Lester and I Found Lester I shared my experience with finding the Langeland family. I finished nearly all of the research in December. However, in one document there is mention of a sister named "Lena." In two obituaries there is mention of "preceded in death by four sisters." Yet I could never find any record of this sister. I felt like if I could find this sister, then I would be content that I had completed this family. A short email to the cemetery sexton revealed that there was indeed a "Lena Langeland" born 1891 died 1892. YEAH!!!! I was so excited to hear this news. Now I can rest and feel that the family is complete.

I also had a neat experience finding Lester's death certificate at the Family History Library in Salt Lake. That will be a post for another day. I really do feel the spirit of Elijah as mentioned in Bible in the fourth chapter of Malachi.

Life is Good!

2 comments:

runningfan said...

Good for you. I look forward to my "time and season" for as much genealogy work as you accomplish.

Athack77 said...

I look forward to doing FH when my kids are a little older. It'll be nice to learn more about my non-LDS family.