Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Grateful for BYU Devotionals

Every Tuesday at 11:05 I make the trek to the Marriott Center where I have the opportunity to attend a devotional or forum. The devotionals are religious based and the forums are more academic, usually by nationally-recognized speakers.

I didn't fully appreciate the value of Tuesday devotionals until I spent a year in ATL. Since then, I haven't missed attending, unless I was out of town. It is a great spiritual uplift in the middle of the week. And with the forum speakers I've been exposed to ideas and people I wouldn't have otherwise.

Almost 4 years ago I had the opportunity to speak at devotional. It was a stressful, yet rewarding experience. Just this last Sunday the bishop told me that during the young men's lesson that day someone brought up a story from my devotional talk-- it was about the time I was in Nauvoo and couldn't find my temple recommend. It made me happy to know that perhaps my talk was influential to a tiny degree.

Devotionals are fabulous.
Life is Good.

No comments: