Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Vacation

Last Friday was my first official day of summer vacation. Yeah!! Hallelujah!! And the warm weather is finally here too. This is how I've been spending my time:


Planning a trip to see the STL Cardinals play the Colorado Rockies. I fell in love with MLB when I lived in ATL and went to a real game. Now I'm hooked. On this trip I am taking my nephew Mr. P with me. He is a huge Albert Puljos fan. I'm not doing a big vacation this year (sigh), so this is my one summer road trip to look forward to. Ms. C is currently in Europe and I wish I had gone with her.

Finished reading "The Devil's Company." This author writes historical fiction and I really like his style. This book was about the textile merchants in England. I enjoyed this book more than the Whiskey Rebels which was about the banking industry in colonial America. 5 Stars!

Taking tender loving care of my garden. I'm going to have produce any day now!




Also:
Dinner with friends at my favorite restaurant Cucina Toscana

Dinner with more friends at Thaifoon; had a great discount thanks to Groupon. If you haven't checked out Groupon yet, you must. This is the first Groupon I bought.It was so easy and I love a bargain!

Visiting my friend Noreen at her new house in DayBreak and eating lunch at San Gelato Cafe. The sandwich at San Gelato Cafe was really tasty. The gelato had good flavor but too much "air" to be real Italian gelato :)

Life is Good!