Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ms. K The Future Vet


Overheard conversation one day:

K (age 7): "Do you think I would make a good vet?" (asked of her brother)

J: "I don't know."

K: "Well Ms S. (neighbor girl, age 12) doesn't think I would because I don't know anything about animals. But I know that... "(goes on to expound everything she knows about animals).

J: "Don't listen to Ms. S."

This is the girl who, at age 2, would stick her hand down the mouth of a calf. And here she is reading to the dog, who earlier this week was at the vet for pancreatitis.

I believe that Ms. K will be a vet. And Ms. L will be a restaurant owner and Ms. C is going to be a pharmacist. The opportunities available to women are endless. You can do anything you set your mind to!

No comments: