Monday, March 30, 2009

Family. It's about FUN!

About three times a year I invite my cousin's kids, who are students at BYU, over for dinner. We usually eat a lot of food, play games, and laugh a lot. I always look forward to them coming. At Christmas we play Christmas BINGO and exchange white elephant or dollar-store gifts. I usually lose at playing 5 Crowns (Sarah always won when she and Chad were here). Last night, I complete lost at Spoons (note the sad faces of those who are already out). I got a token card in Apple to Apples (I always liked playing with JD when he and Brittany were here-- he had a good sense of humor).

Over the years I have never taken pictures at our parties. But I still have lots of memories of good times. Last night I finally pulled out the camera. Jill informed me that she was not looking particularly pretty so I should not post these on the blog. Sorry Jill. :)

This was a farewell party for Mike and Katelyn who are moving to Texas. We will miss them. Mike has been our token male for the last two years. He joined the family the year I was in Atlanta. Their daughter is our first baby in the group. Last night we also welcomed a new member, Shane, who is Kim's fiance.

They are all incredible people. I love the laughter and good times that they bring to my home. Family is the best! Life is good!











1 comment:

Mike said...

Thanks for the fun times! I think Lubbock would be a great place to do some community health research :) We are going to miss you!