Sunday, June 29, 2008

This I Believe...

There is a recurring segment on National Public Radio (NPR) entitled “This I Believe,” During segment, Brian McConnachie made the following statement:

“Unless your beliefs are limited to universals like where north is, and even that gets relative, you had better prepare yourself, if you are even vaguely open minded, for radical confusion, where in time every notion you have ever believed will be legitimately stood on it’s head.”


This made me think about eternal gospel truths that I believe and know to be true-- and which will never be stood on “their head.” One of these truths that I believe is this: the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ is not just for our sins and transgressions. The atonement can change our hearts, take away the pain, sorrow, disappointment, etc. The Savior has the power to heal each of us. Whether our needs are physical, emotional, spiritual, or otherwise, He can heal us. But, we must first come unto Him. When we exercise faith, coupled with action, we will be blessed. It is because of His infinite atonement that the Savior will know exactly how to succor us, individually, according to our needs (Alma 7:11-12).

2 comments:

runningfan said...

I listened to Elder Oaks' talk on testimony this morning -- how perfect. Plus, I really needed to read/hear what you shared today. Thanks!

runningfan said...

P.S. I responded to your comment on my blog re: the Ensign article.