I think Cinque Terre was my favorite place. It is located along the western coast of Italy and is considered the Italian Riveria. There are five small villages (hence the name "Cinque"). We stayed in Monterosso. One day we hiked from Monterosso to Riomaggiore. It was absolutely beautiful. I would definitely return here on vacation.
View from Monterosso to the other villages.

View from the hotel balcony where we ate breakfast. Definitely not enough days were spent here!

View of other villages from Monterosso at night.

Looking down at Monterosso from the mountian we hiked.

The start of the hike. I was looking pretty good.

Approaching Vernazza (the second village). Once we reached Corniglia we ate lunch. It was a very small town with few options. I had a panini (sandwich) with prosciutto and bread. I also bought a pint of strawberries which were the best I've ever eaten. Yum!

Riomaggiore- the last village. We took the train back to Monterosso.

Looking pretty tired by the end of the hike.
No comments:
Post a Comment